I Loved You All: A Novel Review

I Loved You All: A Novel
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy I Loved You All: A Novel? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on I Loved You All: A Novel. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

I Loved You All: A Novel ReviewAs someone who reads in excess of 80 books a year, I encounter a lot of bad novels. Even in books that are otherwise enjoyable, there are usually a few badly worded phrases or character anomalies that stop me cold. Paula Sharp's new novel "I Loved You All" has none of those errors. It is FLAWLESS. Step into the mind of Sharp's narrator Penny and I defy you to want to leave. Penny is sharp, quick-witted and observant in the tradition of Scout Finch. Her mother, Marguerite, a widow, is spiraling down into alcohol addiction. Penny has an older sister, Mahalia,who becomes friends with the a fervently religious neighbor named Isabel Flood. The neighbor disdains everything from the use of the word 'Jeez' to television and Penny loathes her. But, in Isabel Flood, Mahalia finds the mother she so sorely missed with Marguerite. When Marguerite is forced into residential treatment for her alcoholism, the children are sent to live with Isabel with terrible results for Penny.Reviewers are classifying this as an abortion book, which is a shame. With the exception of a few mentions early on, abortion rarely even enters the book until more than halfway through. It is first and foremost the story of a family, the most lovable family, incidentally, in modern fiction, set against the backdrop (yes) of the abortion debate in the late seventies. Paula Sharp definitely owes something to Harper Lee in her sharp characterizations of spirited Southern tomboys (no matter where they live at the moment) and the way that family loyalties are affected by political issues. The characters are true, the plot flows smoothly (albeit too quickly--this is a book you don't want to end) and the "moral" (such as it is) is there, without overstepping the bounds into preachiness. Whatever your beliefs about abortion, this is a book not to be missed. It is smart, kind and above all, loving in its handling of every type of person and problem. Thoroughly enjoyable, Paula Sharp gives the best of what popular fiction has to offer and a book that anyone who loved "To Kill A Mockingbird" should not miss.I Loved You All: A Novel Overview

Want to learn more information about I Loved You All: A Novel?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment